I always have some frozen meatballs from IKEA to stock up in my freezer for any quick dinner fix. I have some frozen Ravioli in freezer, half a pack of Penne and a bottle of meatball sauce in my pantry, some milk and half a pack of baby spinach in the fridge. So there we go I made this up.
and here is it one I can do. Only took me 20 mins to do it.
300g IKEA frozen meatballs (pre-cooked)
200g Ravioli (any flavor, I used ham and cheese for this one)
100g Fetta cheese
40g Baby Spinach
500g Meatball sauce
2 cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Tomato paste (optional)
1 cup of Milk
2 tsp Sugar
- Use a large fry pan, fill up with water and oil, and add heaps of salt when boiled.
- While boiling the water pop in the meatball into microwave and cook on high heat for 3 mins.
- While water is boiling add in the penne and ravioli to cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile chop up the onion and dice up the garlic.
- WALK AWAY AND DO RANDOM STUFF.
- Come back to check the pasta. Once its done drain them (just keep the heat on) and leave the pasta in a large bowl or pot to set aside. Don’t worry to do anything about it because you will be using them within minutes.
- Stay the same fry pan onto the heat to dry out the remaining water. Add a drizzle of oil and butter to it. Chuck in the onions and brown them a little bit, then add in the garlic to cook until fragrant.
- Dump in the meatballs and baby spinach. Stir and cook for about 1-2 mins then pour in the meatball sauce. Add milk, sugar and tomato paste to it. Mix well.
- Pour in the drained pasta and stir well. Add in a dash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Cook for few minutes until the sauce is simmered. Turn heat off. Crumble the fetta cheese on top and roughly stir through in.
- Serve on plate, garnish with extra crumbled fetta and coriander.