I’m pretty sure this dish will end up with 3 bowls of rice down your stomach. It’s healthy, light but full of flavour and kids love it! And the best part is I can get all the ingredients from Coles so I don’t have to run to Asian grocery stores for anything.
3-4 pcs of Chinese Cabbage leaves (黃芽白/大白菜）
125g Mixed Seafood Mariana Mix
5-6 cubes of Deep Fried Tofu (豆腐泡）
1 small packet of Silk Tofu (滑豆腐）
1-2 slices of Ginger
1 tsp Garlic – minced
1tsp Shredded Coriander
1 tsp Shredded Parsley
2 cups Chicken Stock
2Tbsp Mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tsp Corn Starch
3-4 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp Shredded Spring Onion
White pepper & Salt
Dash of Sesame oil
- Chop the Chinese cabbages into 3cm pieces.
- Cut the fried tofu cubes diagonally into halves.
- In a pot add a drizzle of cooking oil and sesame oil, add Chinese cabbage and fried tofu to stir fry for 3 mins.
- Add chicken stock to the pot and let boil for 5 mins, then turn to low fire to cook until cabbages are soft.
- In a fry pan add a drizzle of cooking oil and butter, on medium high heat stir fry the seafood marinara mix for few mins until half cooked. Add in parsley, ginger, garlic and mirin.
- Pour the cabbages, deep fried tofu and chicken stock into the seafood in the fry pan. Let them simmer for another few mins. Add the silk Tofu in a roughly break the tofu apart with a spatula.
- In a small bowl dissolve the corn starch with water, add in gradually into the seafood pot while stirring and bring to boil.
- Cook until the sauce is thicken and slightly reduced. Season with pepper and salt.
- Serve in a deep plate or shallow pot. Garnish with coriander and spring onions.